Journal 9: Yoga as "Meditation"

        This week I participated in a yoga class via Zoom, but due to being sick I did not take part in the movements but instead just watched the class. I was annoyed that I wasn't feeling well enough to participate in the class fully and follow along with the instructor. I enjoy having these weekly yoga sessions because they ease my mind and relax my body. I feel that not being able to take part in the yoga made my head extra foggy this week besides from being sick. 
        Yoga is definitely used as meditation in my yoga space. Meditation is practiced by when I hold my stretches for long periods of time and I am able to clear my mind. When I perform yoga I feel that I am able to clear my mind and focus solely on my yoga postures. When practicing yoga I am able to leave everything that I was originally thinking about behind. Yoga is the only time I am truly able to meditate.
        When I perform a posture I clear my mind of everything I was thinking about before. Meditation in my yoga space is easily attainable due to how I prefer to hold stretches for more than a few seconds at a time. Meditating during my yoga practices makes me enjoy the practice of yoga more. I feel that meditation during yoga makes it more enjoyable and positive for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal 3: Yoga as Physical Culture

My First Yoga Class

Journal 4: Practice as Rtiual