Journal 10

        This week I participated in my yoga class via Zoom. Due to be still being sick however, I was not able to participate so instead I just sat and watched. It stinks being sick and not being able to participate in the virtual class. Each week my yoga class is what helps me relieve stress and clear my mind. I understand that I am not supposed to be taking part in any forms of physical activity but I feel my yoga sessions are more mental relief than physical movements.
        The role of the body is to physically carry oneself through the movements in order to mentally and spiritually reach enlightenment. The body is what allows one to perform the yoga movements. The body can be looked at as an outer layer that simply holds the mental and spiritual aspects of someone inside. Without the body enlightenment would not be able to be reached. The body is needed in order to perform the physical movements of yoga.
        The body is approached as a vehicle. The body just allows for the physical movements of yoga to take place. Without a body yoga can not be physically performed. The body is seen as a vehicle for experience of the divine by how it allows one to move like a vehicle and it houses our mind and spirit. The body allows one to perform yoga thus allowing the experience of the divine. Without the body the experience of the divine would not be possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal 3: Yoga as Physical Culture

My First Yoga Class

Journal 4: Practice as Rtiual