Journal 11

        This week I participated in my yoga class via Zoom. I am no longer sick so I was happy to be able to practice the movements again. When I wasn't able to participate in my yoga classes I felt that I was more stressed and my mind was cluttered within the weeks I couldn't do anything. Even though this class is over I think I am going to continue to do yoga. I feel that practicing yoga at least once a week I am a happier and less stressed person.
        Yoga is taught as a spiritual practice depending on where the yoga is being taught. I feel that depending on the teacher of the yoga class makes yoga a spiritual practice or not. Yoga in India is definitely taught as a spiritual practice. Here in the United States yoga is taught as more of a physical practice. Yoga is taught in my practices as a spiritual practice.
        Spirituality is defined in my practice as uniting the the body, mind and soul and allowing the divine power fill oneself. Spirituality is expressed in my practice space as the yoga instructor talks about their belief in a higher power and how when one allows them self to be fully engaged within their yoga practice they are able to unite themselves with a spiritual force. My yoga instructor feels that when performing yoga it actually brings yourself closer to ones faith. It is also expressed as a way to get a better understanding of ones faith. I like the idea of becoming closer to a higher power by performing yoga because it is interesting to me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal 3: Yoga as Physical Culture

My First Yoga Class

Journal 4: Practice as Rtiual